Virtual Community Science Camp
To be eligible to attend participants will need to demonstrate in their application that they meet the following criteria;
- Already engaged or about to engage in Environmental research, for example, you are;
- interested in doing a PhD in environmental science
- already doing or finishing a PhD in environmental science
- post-doctoral research without a tenured contract
- Current, future or recent recipient of NERC funding (there are 10% of places available to non-NERC funded researchers)
- Committed to supporting diverse community participation and involvement in environmental research
- Committed to sharing knowledge and experience gained from the course with peers, faculty, colleagues and communities
Applications for this course will be made available 9 February 2021. The deadline for applications is 8 March 5pm. We highly recommend attending the introduction event
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to creating learning environments that are equitable, inclusive and diverse, and we strive to remove barriers to participation. We actively encourage participants from all backgrounds including faith, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age, class and disability to apply. If you require reasonable adjustments to improve access to this course please contact us directly.
We are committed to delivering accessible learning and have made the following provisions to learning content and access to support all learners.
- Font size, colours and layout designed where possible to enhance visual accessibility
- Live captioning and subtitles provided for presentations, video and audio and image captions
- Learning content made available after sessions with downloadable transcripts
All participants will need access to a computer, good internet connection, a microphone and speakers to participate. If you have any difficulty obtaining these items from your institution or workplace that will prevent you from joining the course, please contact us in advance of the course for assistance.