Location: Oxford, UK. Earthwatch offers flexibility to work remotely within the UK
Department: Fundraising and Communications
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy / Senior Philanthropy Manager
Direct reports: None
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000, dependant on skills and experience
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week (Mon-Fri). Flexible working options will be considered
Deadline for application: 31 October 2021
Interviews: To be held virtually 10/11 Nov 2021
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK; Earthwatch is unable to support visa applications.
The twin crises of climate change and biodiversity loss are the most serious issues of our time. In response to this, Earthwatch Europe, has developed an ambitious and impact-driven new strategy to help tackle these issues. It is an exciting time to work at Earthwatch Europe as we raise new funds to implement these plans.
We are looking for a motivated and organised individual to play an integral role in implementing the trusts and foundations fundraising strategy.
This is a unique opportunity for a bright individual who is seeking to develop their fundraising career with a pioneering environmental organisation. We require someone who rises to a challenge and who is confident to use their own initiative.
Working within the Fundraising and Communications team, you will help support the Senior Manager and Director to investigate funding opportunities, keep the team up to date with developments in the sector, keep records up-to-date, create reports for our funders and write funding applications. This role will help deliver an ongoing pipeline of funding bids and ensure that our applications stand out from the crowd.
Earthwatch is an environmental charity with science at its heart. We drive the change needed to live within our means and in balance with nature. We do this by:
- connecting people with the natural world
- monitoring the health of our natural resources
- informing the actions that will have the greatest positive impact
To support Earthwatch fundraising activities by carrying out research into trusts and foundations, writing funding applications and reporting to funders on impact achieved.
- Carry out research into grant-giving trusts and foundations, including production of quarterly horizon-scanning reports
- Update existing databases of funders with funding opportunities for Earthwatch’s projects and programmes
- Support the development of a stewardship programme for existing grant-making trusts and their trustees
- Help create impactful reports for funders of Earthwatch’s projects and programmes
- Assist the Senior Philanthropy Manager in writing and preparing proposals for funding
- Support contact management processes by maintaining and updating information on our CRM system
- Support with larger-scale funding applications
- Support the wider Fundraising and Communications team, for example by researching major donors and assisting with our events
- Help monitor and record the team’s progress against objectives and KPIs
- Provide administrative support to the Fundraising and Communications team
- Build strong relationships with other internal departments to understand Earthwatch’s work and articulate it in compelling cases for support
- Undertake any other duties which may be reasonably required within the scope and level of the position and contribute to wider activity and the overall success of the team
The above list of job deliverables is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and level of the post
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proactive ‘can-do’ attitude, drive and enthusiasm to carry out tasks to conclusion
- Organised and tenacious, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively
- Experience of databases and efficient data entry skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness to be flexible and carry out a range of administrative tasks to ensure delivery within a small team
- Proofreading skills
- Commitment to the mission and values of Earthwatch
- Graduate-level qualification or 3 years’ equivalent experience
- Experience of the environmental charity sector
- Experience of working within a fundraising team
- Experience of trusts and foundations and/or philanthropic fundraising
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics 365 or equivalent CRM systems
Our full Candidate Privacy Notice can be found here: www.earthwatch.org.uk/candidate-privacy-notice