The search campaign, led internally with support from the Whitehall and Industry Group (WIG), sourced new Board members to complement and further strengthen the existing Board’s impressive skills and experience.
Following significant response to the search, and interviews with an incredibly strong field of candidates, the new Trustees are:
- Nina Bhola, Senior Programme Officer, United Nations Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre (UNEP – WCMC)
- Jos Huijbregts, CFO, The Ocean Cleanup
- Emily Murrell, International Affairs Officer, and UK lead on climate change, biodiversity, and sustainable finance, World Bank Group (WBG)
- Cristian Parrino, CEO and Co-Founder, Greengame
- Ben Wilson, Director of Advocacy & Corporate Affairs, and Executive Sponsor for work on Climate Change, Association of British Insurers
The new Trustees join the current Board, comprising ten professionals from across the environment and sustainability sector, academia and business. Jos Huijbregts will also act as Treasurer, succeeding Superna Khosla who is stepping down from the Board during 2021, after six years in the Treasurer role.
Lucian J. Hudson, Chair, Earthwatch Europe said: “These remarkable and talented individuals join us at crucial time for the charity. Earthwatch, as so many other organisations, faces extraordinary times, and exciting opportunities. Our new Board members bring valuable skills and expertise from a range of backgrounds. With their deep commitment to the environment, my new colleagues will join a great leadership team to help to steer the charity through the challenges ahead.”