As part of our candidate application and recruitment process, Earthwatch Europe collects, processes and stores personal information about you.
Throughout this Privacy Notice we use the term “processing” to cover all activities involving your personal information, including collecting, handling, storing, sharing, accessing, using, transferring and disposing of the information.
1. Why do we collect and process your personal information?
The information you provide is collected and used to assess your application against the requirements for the job. We may also use your data to contact you regarding the application, to confirm references, verify educational background, qualifications and right to work, and for any other purpose relevant to your application and our recruitment processes. It is also collected and used for statistical purposes.
2. What personal information might we process?
Here are the types of information we may process.
- Personal details such as name, address, email, contact number, date and place of birth;
- Your CV and covering letter, or any document you upload as part of your application;
- Work history/job data; previous employers, positions, dates, etc.
- Compensation; basic salary, benefits, bonuses, etc.;
- Education and work history including professional qualifications and skills;
- Employer feedback / references;
- Nationality / visa / right to work permit information; (e.g. passport, driving licence, National Insurance numbers)
- Results of Pre - employment screening checks (e.g. criminal records checks)
- Assessment results e.g. Presentation assessment results, interview notes, assessment tasks
During the process, we may also capture some sensitive personal data about you (e.g. disability information). We do this in order to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to enable candidates to participate in the recruitment process, and to ensure that we comply with regulatory obligations placed on us with regards to our hiring.
3. Who we will share your personal information with?
Your information will be held securely and access will be restricted to those who are involved in the recruitment process.
- Those employees who would have managerial responsibility for you or are acting on their behalf;
- Employees in HR who have responsibility for certain HR processes (for example recruitment, assessment, pre-employment screening);
- Employees in IT and system owners who manage user access;
Earthwatch may also need to share your information with certain external third parties including:
- Suppliers who undertake background screening on behalf of the bank (credit checking agencies, criminal checking bureaus, etc.)
- Academic institutions d (Universities, colleges, etc.) in validating information you’ve provided
4. Storing your personal data
If your application is successful, your information will be retained and will form the basis of your employee file. Records of all unsuccessful applications will be kept by Earthwatch for a period of 12 months from the date that an appointment decision is notified. We may revisit previous applications should a further opportunity become available, and we will ask your consent to use your data for this purpose.
We will never transfer your data outside of the EU unless you have given us permission to do so.
5. Your Rights
You are entitled to see the information Earthwatch holds about you. You can also request changes to be made to incorrect information. You can ask for information to be deleted or blocked if you legitimately think that Earthwatch shouldn’t be processing that information or is processing it incorrectly.
It is your responsibility to keep your personal information up to date so that accurate application records can be maintained.
By submitting an application, you consent to the processing of your personal data for the purposes described in this Candidate Privacy Notice.